Thursday, May 19, 2011

Choosing your Dog House

I am now fast approaching the end of middle age. Not that I am old, but years are speeding by. I have happily embraced the news that "75 is now the new 50". This being said, having a business has always been on my bucket list.

I choose my industry when it fell into my lap. It wasn't an issue to me because I always choose jobs that were foreign to my background. I jumped from education to retail, from retail to sales (no they are not the same) from sales to banking, back to sales.. etc. I love to learn. The fact that I was the only gal in my group that had never even been a waitress, never entered the equation of Should I Take on a Restaurant?

I consulted an astrologer and she told me "You will be challenged". I thought "Yippee"! Here is a lesson.. you probably should consult a business planner, not an astrologer. Just like you should probably consult a financial planner about your retirement--depending on the lottery just doesn't make sense.. Big Lesson Here!

Still Colonel Sanders was about the same age as I am when he started KFC. So another lesson.. Don't be a Chicken!

BTW, the astrologer was absolutely right! Gotta go.. need to get my tickets before they draw, Big Jackpot tonight!

No comments: